Purple Edition 320mg
The Purple Edition is a 3.2% strength CBD oil extracted from hybrid hemp (Indica/Sativa). It is a nutty oil with a smooth texture and taste, just a hint of bitterness, and a surprisingly mild aftertaste. This 10ml bottle contains 320mg of CBD and CBDa extract suspended in cold-pressed, organic certified, hemp seed oil.
In the 10ml bottle, you get approximately 200 drops of thick, luxurious oil. Each contains 1.6mg of CBD/CBDa. CBDa is the perfect companion to CBD and can interact with your body’s endocannabinoid receptors.
Indica/Sativa hybrid CBD oil
Made by The CBD Brothers from the buds and flower of organically-grown hybrid hemp, the Purple Edition exhibits the characteristics of both Indica and Sativa plants. Different types of hemp have different combinations of cannabinoids and terpenes. This particular hybrid is Indica-dominant: approximately Indica 70% / Sativa 30%.
The full-spectrum formula of the Purple Edition provides a range of cannabinoids alongside CBD and CBDa. Oils made using a full-spectrum extract contain all the cannabinoids present in the plant and have more active ingredients than CBD isolate products. Hybrid hemp strains are known for their blend of cannabinoids and terpenes that provide the entourage effect.
The range of cannabinoids detected in the lab analysis includes:
The Purple Edition oil also contains trace amounts of:
More from CBD Brothers
The Original Alternative CBD products are also available in the following varieties:
Organic CBD oils
If you’re looking for high-quality, certified organic CBD oil we also offer:
CBD Brothers - aka The Original Alternative
Known as the oldest producer of cannabis extracts in the UK, the CBD Brothers (aka The Original Alternative), started life in a small one-car garage. Initially, they aimed to create small amounts of oils and lotions for use by their family and neighbours. As their products became popular, they found that they needed more space. Now they are located in a purpose-built, off-grid facility in Suffolk.
They are unique in that you can choose CBD products made with Indica, Sativa or hybrid hemp varieties. Each has a different balance of cannabinoids and terpenes, giving you a greater choice over composition.
Their hemp is grown organically on small farms in Guernsey with no pesticides or artificial fertilisers. Plants grown to produce the Silver, White, Red, and Black Editions are grown under lights, and those that go into the Green, Blue, and Purple Editions are grown outside in the sunlight until they are ready to be handpicked and dried. The Gold Edition is grown in their Guernsey greenhouse.
To ensure they only produce products of the highest quality, CBD Brothers uses CO2 extraction under low heat and low-pressure conditions. The resulting extracts contain a rich mix of cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, and essential fatty acids.
They are the first to admit that the nature of natural extracts means there may be slight differences from batch to batch, but with the use of third-party lab testing, they maintain impressive standards. The analysis is administered by two independent companies who use state of the art high pressured liquid chromatography (HPLC) machines to detect the contents of each sample.
As of 2022, CBD Brothers have an active Novel Foods application with the Food Standards Agency. This ensures that their supplements can remain on sale legally in the UK.
- Gently swirl (do not shake) the bottle to mix.
- Using the provided pipette take 5 drops (one full pipette) and place under the tongue.
- Hold for 1-2 minutes so the CBD can be absorbed into your bloodstream.
- Swallow any remaining oil and wash down with a drink of your choice.
1 drop = 1.6mg of CBD/CBDa
1 x 10ml bottle = approximately 200 drops
- We recommend taking the oil twice per day, before breakfast and dinner.
- Use a mirror to ensure you take the intended number of drops.
- If you’re having difficulty extracting the remaining drops from the bottle, you can add a little olive or hemp seed oil to make this easier.
- CBD oil works in synergy with the CBDa content of hemp tea. Read about the benefits of hemp tea or visit the CBD tea collection for more info.
Who is CBD Brothers Purple Edition suitable for?
Because of the low CBD percentage, this supplement is suitable for beginners, those very sensitive to food supplements, and parents looking for a CBD oil suitable for children. You can start with as little as 1-2 drops per day using the suggested method of application above.
If you require a stronger product, more info can be found in this article: The strongest CBD oils in the UK.
How much CBD is good for me?
We are all different, so there’s no standard number of drops one should take. Start with the lowest recommended amount (or lower if you prefer) and increase gradually, until you find the ideal amount to suit your needs.
In all cases, do not exceed 70mg of CBD per day, this is approximately 46 drops of Purple Edition CBD oil.
- Do not exceed 70mg per day of CBD as per the Food Standards Agency recommendations.
- Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from sunlight, excessive heat and humidity.
- This product is for oral or topical use and cannot be smoked or vaporised.
- This oil is thick and once opened the rim can get greasy so will require occasional cleaning.
- Store in an upright stable position. This product is not suitable for travel because it may leak when subjected to vigorous movement. For travel, we recommend CBD capsules or CBD gummies.
- There are some known side effects to CBD, the most common are considered to be mild and can include dry mouth, gastrointestinal problems, and changes in appetite and weight.
- If taking medication, consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking CBD. CBD is known to inhibit certain types of medication. If your medication has a grapefruit warning do not take CBD supplements.
- Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced diet and regular exercise.
This product is sold as a food supplement. It is not intended to assist with the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any disease, ailment or medical condition. Any product statements provided on this site are for information only and do not constitute medical advice. Read our full legal disclaimer for more information.
All orders placed before 12:30pm are dispatched the same day Monday through Friday. All orders are insured and delivery is guaranteed.
- UK orders are shipped 1st class signed for & tracked (1-2 days) for only £3.99.
- Free delivery on UK orders costing over £35.
- UK orders over £199 are dispatched using Royal Mail’s Next Day Delivery service for extra speed and safety. (Available when ordering Monday-Thursday before 12.30pm or receive on Monday if you order on Friday before 12.30pm.)
Parcels are dispatched from our certified organic warehouse in Northampton in discreet and secure packaging.
European and international prices can be found here.
How can I track my order?
Once shipped we will e-mail a Royal Mail tracking number. This will go live once scanned at their delivery centre and you can then monitor your parcel.
What if my order is delayed?
We’ve been using Royal Mail services since 2016 and it tends to be a very reliable and efficient service. We guarantee that you will receive your parcel – normally within the estimated times - but during busy periods, like Easter and Christmas holidays, or if you live in a remote location, parcels can take a little longer.
Can you make special arrangements?
Please contact the customer service team to discuss this.
- 3D secure debit or credit card - Visa and Mastercard
- Direct bank transfer
Why is 3D secure payment activated for credit or debit card payment?
This is for your own (and our) protection. 3D secure payment verifies that you’re over 18 and ensures the transaction is safe.
What happens if I choose bank transfer payment?
Order as normal and we’ll get in touch with you and provide the necessary details to make the bank transfer. This email is not automatic so it may take a little while before you receive it (check your junk box in case it lands there). As soon as the payment clears, your order will be processed and dispatched.
Can I pay using PayPal or Amazon Pay?
PayPal and Amazon Pay are governed by US Federal Law and do not accept CBD oil payments so, we are unable to offer this payment method.
Returns and Refunds
We deal with all returns or issues within 24 hours.
E-mail us at email@example.com, call us at 0208 191 8621 or use the live chat feature, quoting your full name and order number.
We have a standard returns & refunds policy. Read more about it here.